Okay ya'll, I took my coveted Bourbon Pecan Toffee Cookie recipe created in our home kitchen many moons ago and decided to sub one of the eggs for a bit of pumpkin puree... well...because it's fall ya'll! These cookies are like crack! No joke! Even our Head Sugar Daddy said, "I sure hope you wrote what you did down." because he KNOWS I have a very hard time writing my recipe creations down to be able to repeat in the future. So, this is me writing the recipe down. Side note, the cookies have a very faint pumpkin flavor but the brown sugar and toffee flavors hit the roof with the pumpkin added! I mean... can we just claim that these cookies are 'healthy' since we added pumpkin?! HA! Enjoy!
P.S. It is hard to tell in the picture but these cookies are incredibly moist and gooey in the center while lightly crisping around the edges... the best of both worlds if you ask me!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(1) 6oz box Mollycoddled Hash Slinger Bourbon Pecan Toffee, chopped in food processor
2 sticks unsalted butter, browned and chilled*
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT canned pumpkin pie filling)
1. Preheat oven to 375* F. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to blend evenly.
2. Mix wet ingredients with whisk in small bowl until incorporated.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until blended (stand mixer can be used with a dough hook for this step but be careful to not overmix).
4. Using a standard size cookie scoop, evenly space on parchment or silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer for 5 min.
5. Bake for 8-10 min until edges are golden brown. While first round is in the oven, chill remaining dough in the fridge until ready to scoop and bake.
Yields approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies
*Note: To brown butter, place in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until butter is completely melted and has 'browned' giving off a nutty aroma. Careful not to burn and turn heat down to medium if needed to prevent burning.
Bourbon Pecan Toffee- 6oz box
Your new addiction! This is our contemporary yet masculine spin on toffee. The bourbon adds a smooth rich flavor to this classic confection. Loaded with smooth buttery goodness, molasses and pecans you won't be able to put this package down! Our toffee has the perfect texture and bite as toffee should. Cooked in small batches with many Oklahoma sourced ingredients and packaged by hand.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.