Yeah, okay...I know the name of this recipe is a mouthful but I couldn't think of what else to call them other than what they obviously are. We'll just chalk my lack of creativity tonight for a 'better' name up to spending countless hours in the kitchen the last few weeks (we are SO blessed by our growing business--THANK YOU for that!).
Browned butter is something I've been adding to just about anything I can the last several months. It adds such a complex flavor to savory and sweet dishes. So...how did we get to these cookies??? Upon packaging our Bourbon Pecan Toffee I end up with 'crumbles' at the bottom of our storage bins and I just couldn't let them go to waste anymore (they are stinkin' awesome on vanilla ice cream by the way) so it was time to put them to use in a twist on a classic cookie! These cookies may not be the thick lush bakery cookies (I'm a confectioner not a baker so no judging) but trust me when I say they are DIVINE!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Bourbon Pecan Toffee Crumbles
4 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons black-strap molasses
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Mollycoddled Hash Slinger's Bourbon Pecan Toffee, crumbled
1. Cut butter into chunks and place in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally. Butter will foam and start to crackle and pop, cook until brown bits are formed and butter turns brown. Remove from heat and cool until room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, molasses, flour, sea salt and baking soda. Whisk until mostly mixed. Add toffee crumbles and mix well.
3. In a small bowl, add eggs and browned butter. Lightly whisk with fork and add to flour mixture. Mix until dough forms.
4. Separate dough into 4 equal sections and roll each section into a 2 1/2" diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees about 20 minutes prior to baking.
6. Using serrated bread knife, cut 1/2" disks and evenly space on a cookie sheet (baking on silicone baking mats yield the best results). Bake for 10-12 minutes on the middle rack.
*Keep the dough in the fridge between batches.*
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
Bourbon Pecan Toffee- 6oz box
Your new addiction! This is our contemporary yet masculine spin on toffee. The bourbon adds a smooth rich flavor to this classic confection. Loaded with smooth buttery goodness, molasses and pecans you won't be able to put this package down! Our toffee has the perfect texture and bite as toffee should. Cooked in small batches with many Oklahoma sourced ingredients and packaged by hand.