As Valentine's Day gets a little closer...all I crave is Italian food. Don't ask why...it just happens. It dawned on me a few days ago that it has been quite a long time since I've made or eaten dessert raviolis! These raviolis are almost like a stuffed shortbread cookie. The dough isn't too sweet so it's a nice balance with the sweet filling. Although this recipe isn't too difficult you can certainly use prepared pie crust mix in lieu of making the dough recipe below. These raviolis are also great stuffed with nutella, lemon curd with the mascarpone/ricotta mixture or simply adding a little vanilla and lemon or orange zest. So many options so just dive in!
Enjoy! XOXO, Melissa
Did you miss our Facebook 'live' video of this recipe?
View it here: www.facebook.com/MollycoddledHashSlinger/videos/396534850806306/
Salted Apple Caramel Dessert Ravioli
4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1 box Salted Apple Caramels (4oz), cut in half
3/4 cup sugar
4oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In medium stainless steel or glass bowl, mix dough ingredients until dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly you can add 1 tablespoon water and mix well until dough forms (if too sticky dust with additional flour and rework the dough until ball forms and smooth). Knead dough until it fully comes together and divide into three balls. Wrap balls into plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, mix ricotta, mascarpone and sugar with a whisk until well blended.
4. On pastry mat or clean counter, dust with flour and roll one ball of dough into 1/8" thick rectangle about 5" x 9-10" long. Trim with pizza cutter or pastry cutter to form clean rectangle.
5. Using a tablespoon scoop or teaspoon, add one dollop of filling off center of rolled out dough about 2-3" apart. Top each filling dollop with 1/2 of a caramel.
6. Using offset spreader, flip empty dough side over filling. Using fingertips, firmly press dough down around each dollop of filling. Using pizza cutter or pastry cutter, cut between raviolis and press around the edges again with fingertips to seal.
7. Transfer to baking sheet with metal spatula or offset spreader about 1 1/2-2" apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Repeat until all dough and filling is used.
Salted Apple Caramel Dessert Ravioli Recipe
Salted Apple Caramels- 4oz box
A combination that can't be ignored. Caramel apples are loved by many and stand the test of time. These small batch caramels will take you to the perfect fall day-crisp apple and sweet caramel balanced with sea salt. Like our signature Salted Whiskey Caramels, we're confident you'll be hooked.